Connect with us:

Monthly Archive for: ‘April, 2014’

  • S37024 Jpg1

    Distemper warning to dog owners

    A dog has died after contracting a virus which vets have not seen for years. The nine-year-old animal was treated by Craig Robinson Vets, in Carlisle, after contracting distemper in the city. Unfortunately, because it is a virus, there are no antibiotics or treatments and so …

    Read More
  • 1387181385

    E-Cigs warning in Cumbria after death of dog

    E-cigs can be fatal to dogs, a Cumbrian vet has warned after having to put an animal down. The stark message came from Laura McKirdy, a vet at Dalston-based Paragon Veterinary Group, near Carlisle, after she had to put down a dog which had chewed on …

    Read More
  • Image1

    Conker the dog shaken after thugs set fire to lead.

    A much-loved family pet was left terrified when yobs set fire to his lead outside a supermarket – while the dog was attached to it. Conker, a 12-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, was waiting patiently for owner Simon Graham outside the Tesco store, in New Bridge …

    Read More